Friday, July 24, 2009

Was Fonzie really a good guy, or a player?

It all started with a fabulous Christmas gift from Rae Rae kept locked away for at least a year.
I couldn't commit to the placement, so the blocks hung out on the wall for awhile two summers later. Borders and binding were stitched on with my arms twisted behind my back by loving family members... Quilt Retreat Feb 2008. Summer 2008....Finally, a finished quilt to snuggle up with.


Did I mention that I don't quilt? Nope. I can't commit to that either.
I like to call myself a connoisseur of fabric. I like to shop for it. Enjoy feeling it. I get goose bumps when the blocks begin to take shape. Once all that is over, it loses the excitement. I lose interest. I bag that quilt top up and stash it in the closet. I'm like the boyfriend afraid of commitment. "You're great and all, little quilt-top, but I heard about some new stuff from Moda. I see you next summer!" Well, it's almost the last week of July, I'd better get to the cutting board!

No comments:

Post a Comment